Ok folks, we need to make a decision to buy a new iPhone 3G or not, and we would like your help and input. The iPhone 3G seems like a great phone but based on circumstances, we need to know if it will be worth it.
Now, I know at least some of you readers out there have made the plunge; you have purchased the iPhone 3G (we also know that not all of you were brand spanking new customers to AT&T or were ready for the 2 year upgrade, so maybe you are/were in the same boat that we are in). I need to know from those of you who have the iPhone 3G, if it’s really worth it.
Read our dilemma and cast your vote or leave a comment!
Our Current Facts…
- I am a current AT&T customer that is in the middle of my current contract.
- I am not eligible for a full-upgrade until March of 2009.
- I am eligible for an early-upgrade as of now.
- My wife gave me a $216 gift card to the Apple store for the iPhone.
IPhone 3G Cost Situations…
- The iPhone 3G (8GB) costs $199 for customers eligible for a full-upgrade.
- The iPhone 3G (8GB) costs $399 for customers eligible for an early-upgrade
- The iPhone 3G (8GB) costs $599 for customers not eligible for any upgrade
Therefore, I am in cost situation 2 where the early-upgrade will cost me $399.
However, my wife did give me a $216 Apple gift card to pay for the iPhone (she didn’t know I wasn’t eligible for the full-upgrade price)
- This leaves me with shelling out $200 of my own + $216 gift card + $$$ for iPhone accessories/chargers/etc.
The plan I am choosing will be the FamilyTalk 700 minutes for us.
Here’s the full breakdown of monthly price…
|- 20% Corp. Discount||- $14.00|
|iPhone 3G Data Plan||$30.00|
|Wife TXT Plan (1500)||$15.00|
|My TXT Plan (200)||$5.00|
|Total Monthly Cost||$105.99|
Why even bother with all this?
There have been many downsides that I have read about the iPhone 3G. To list a few…
- Battery life
- Battery life
- Omg 3G drains battery life
- Apps crash frequently
- Apps freeze frequently
- Phone crashes frequently
We just want to know if the benefits far supersede the costs (both monetary and physical)!
After reviewing our dilemma, what is your final vote on the iPhone 3G purchase?
What about the iPhone 3G in general?
Your input is appreciated and important! Thanks!
Leave a comment that might help me with my decision. Thanks much!